I am currently working on a pinwheel quilt using 10″ squares and I just wanted to share with you how easy it is to make the blocks! You can make it even easier by starting with a pre-cut package of squares, like a charm pack or a layer cake.
1. Take two contrasting squares and lay them right sides together.
2. Sew with a 1/4 inch seam allowance all around the outside edge. Below, I have a photo of each side of the pair of squares that I sewed together.
3. Cut both diagonals.
4. Finger press the seams toward the darker fabric. You now have 4 squares.
5. Re-arrange the resulting squares.
6. Sew them back together in their new configuration.
7. Press and you’re done!
8. Make lots!! I have a stack of squares, sewn together and ready to cut and then sew into pinwheels. Here’s a photo of my quilt progress so far as well 🙂
View our layer cakes (pre-cut 10″ squares) here!